Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Nose Run during Math Exam

I am very embarrassed today, thanks to my runny nose.

During the start of my Math Exam, I started to have lotsa fluid mucus formed in my nose. I sniffed and 'sucked' the fluid by breathing in deeply. I knew its going to be a heavy flow from the sound of the sniffing. Someone seated behind me also had a difficult nose and was sniffing away. But hers was not as bad as mine though she sniffed once every few seconds. Hers should be those watery kind, mine was thick and sticky but was a non-viscous fluid flow, means no resistance. My nose was ok before the paper started.

One hour into the exam, the fluid just came out! No amt of controlling helped. Then i wondered what i should do. i thought going to toilet to blow ALL my fluid out is the best way..Using one hand to cover my nose and the other to catch an invigilator's attention. Then a man came and walked me to the entrance.

In the toilet, i blew and blew into my beloved life-saving toilet paper, so that i wont have to waste more time visiting the washroom later on. Finally, i felt that there's no more thing inside. Yaay! I hesitated for a while if i should bring some toilet paper back, in case it ran again. but dont know why, i didnt bring put any into my pockets. Kind of regretted it later. 15min later, new fluid formed! And its as sticky and heavy! Gosh, really hate myself for not bringing toilet paper in. Even if i did, it would be not enough still. Very quickly, it forced its way out. It is v time-consuming if i were to go to the washroom every 15min.. so...

I raised my hand for the second time. Wahh, my hand was up for about 30 sec before an invigilator came. I suspected one of the invigilators, who was not v far away, pretended not to see me. Nevermind about him, i caught the attention of another invigilator, whom i think is the 1st invigilator who attended to me. He signalled me to follow him. shaking my head in a desperate way, i requested:

"Can i have some toilet paper?" (i could feel that those around me were looking at my direction, wah, really v paiseh.)

This nice guy imediately went to to get some and returned promptly with a handful of entangled papers(quite alot). Was v really grateful to him and thanked him. yay,i thought this time i really could concentrate on doing my questions. Blowing and solving math at the same time is no simple thing. Its either u concentrate on the ur blowing, or on the math, its not possible for one to concentrate on both. So, alot of time is wasted.

Good things never last long. My papers was used up within an hour. The rate at which i consumed those papers was faster than i solved my math. A lady invigilator happened to walk past and i requested for toilet paper again.. And she handed me more foolscap paper booklet??

I must speak louder in order for her to hear me.

"I need more toilet paper".. (Again, i felt many pairs of eyes around, looking at me. Really so paiseh)

This lady returned not as prompt as the 1st one. She handed me a string of toilet paper which had been thoughtfully folded..it was a neat work..haha.

I blew & blew...Solved and solved, stuck and stuck... Coulnt do many questions..and time was ticking out faster than my fluid liao. Towards the end..about half hour before my exams ended, my nose stopped running completely. Aiyo, it should have stopped earlier wad...make me so troubled over it! Angry!

Then i just scribbled.

"Time's up!" i obediently stopped writing. Unlike some felllows, still scribbing like mad. i always hope they get spotted and ticked off by invigilators.But they are always so lucky, no such things happen.

Sigh~

If i could turn back time, i wouldnt waste so much time raising my hand and visiting toilet. A better solution would be:
  • Use the sticky fluid to gel my hair..my fringe had been poking my eyes, its quite irritating, you see.. This way, i get to solve my hair-poking-my-eyes problem and excess fluid problem.. isnt this a great idea?
Just joking. its so gross.

I have counted, lost 55 marks, out of 100 marks. You know, i think i am going to get below C+ for FE1007 Math? Humble me just wish for a B-...

Please bless me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home