Monday, May 22, 2006

The Sunday Boyz

Last night was the last time Dennis Chew & Edwin hosted in The Sunday Boyz, from 11pm to 2am. I must say, i felt a tinge of sadness and gratefulness towards the end of the programme. Felt sad as i would not be able to hear such funny programmes during Sundays le..glad that i managed to catch 4 of the sunday programmes out of a total of 6. I heard the their 1st epidsode and was attracted to them, it was on the 23rd April night when i was mugging for my Computing exam. i was amused by the callers' humor when they called in. Mostly, they were friends of edwin &weilian. I kept giggling as i studied as they were sooo funny that i couldnt stop myself. Together with last night's The Sunday Boys were Jia Hui, Juneli, DaXiong, Weilian as guests. I think it was a little too crowded cos Jia hui was being noisy due to her v sharp voice. Nah, i dont like her voice..abit unpleasant to my ears.

I also realise that most of the callers, tend to use cool language. Haha, there was one guy who couldnt speak mandarin welll cos he had gone to overseas for his studies. It was weird hearin him speak a mixture of bad mandarin & english with an angmoh accent. But his courage was commendable cos he spoke a lot and caused some other callers unable to call in. What i had realised is that he used a lot of 'you-know's in his speech. Another caller kept using, 'i mean' in her words. There should be mre than 10 'i mean's she had used. i was v shocked lor. she substituted 'i mean' as a conjunction 'and'. think i need to catch up on my language...must speak abit cooler like them..haha. my both english & mandarin not v well-spoken too.

anyway, back to the sunday boys topic, they played weilian's 8 years-old voice as well as 11 yr old singing vocal.(it was edwin who had those tape recording) Wl sang xiao sa zhou yi hui in a karaoke contest in sch. Well, it didnt sound like the present wl, but was gd nevertheless. This made me recall that in my kindergarten years, my teacher had also asked us to sing that Sally yeh's xiao sa zhou yi hui. It was a v popular song then. Edwin n Wl also had storytelling contest when young and they played it on air..it was funny~ and interestin to hear their young voices.

At around 1.50am, edwin spoke quite alot on his route to DJ-ing Sunday boyz. I felt touched by his words..and admired his strong command of mandarin(hey i actually think that he spoke better than dennis, just that edwin was still a little too soft). Aiya, the most 'twee' thing was that i wasnt using the computer at that time, if not i could have recoreded his words! My bro was using then. I oni managed to record a little at the end (using my hp)..which didnt have much of edwin speakin! i missed the most touchin part.

Listen to what i had recorded..

click here to hear edwin & dennis programme advertisement

click here to hear edwin and dennis n prob wl sing together towards the end of programme

click here to hear them say gd bye
Can be download for the 1st seven days only...be quick to d/l. each clip last shorter than 1min..v short de.

I like edwin's voice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home