Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Recovery process

On that Big Day, i wasn't operated by Dr R@ym0nd W0ng.. so sad sia. But i saw him walk past. He operated on another uncle..but why not me?! Anyway, another cute doctor, Dr @sh, was the surgeon on duty. He was friendly and smiled at nervous patients queueing up for their turns. Well, the whole process was scary but fast. Nurses there were v good at conveying messages to us. Instructions were clear and they treated us like human and did not behave like some bossy superiors. I was told to wear their blue robes, shoe covers and hair cover, probably not to dirty their bed. The place was super cold that i was trembling inside the surgery room. I heard a nurse said "Its the air-con" to her colleagues. Ha, she must have observed i was trembling uncontrollably. Then, Dr @sh entered.. to give anaestethic jabs. Before he did, he attempted a small chat with me by asking what i was studying. Next, he took out the very long styringe. I bit his fingers out of fear when he was about to put the styringe into my mouth. i apologised. He joked to another nurse that"he should buy an insurance for finger bites". Another nurse covered my head, eyes..

He jabbed about 5 times total..2 top, 3 bottom. Woa, very pain lor! felt like biting his fingers again! then @sh went out to write sth while waiting for my jabs to take effect.

Then v quickly he started by extracting my top one. He used sth like a plier (i felt so), and just yanked it out hard. I could feel he was using alot of strength. Numbed, i couldnt feel the pain,but could feel the force lor...my gums like kena pulled out also. Some hands were holding onto my shoulders tightly, preventing me from moving in the direction of @sh's force. I could hear the crunchy sound..when i think the roots of the teeth are broken..v loud the sound somemore.

V quickly, he proceeded to the bottom one. Cos i assume that they still couldnt stop the top wound from bleedin cos i couldnt bite any gauze with my mouth opened. My mouth was extremely tired from opening wide and it closed slightly as time passed. @sh would say, "open" every few seconds lor.It was obvious that he worked at a fast speed. He used a saw which i hated it alot. The sound was loud and really sounded like a saw. He used that saw to cut my teeth for about 5 minutes, which was v tiring for my mouth. (Later, i realised that @sh acidentally cut my lips, i suppose, with the saw). @sh applied force again..twice..cos he cut it into half. Then he told me..he "got them out" Heard him tell the nurses to "clean it up" and i assumed he was preparing to sew up the wound. Next i could feel threads touchin my lips. (the threads touched my lips thrice lor)... then ..bit gauze..and ended liao. Nurse gave me my teeth and i left...was told to sit outside the room..so that she could check on my bleeding minutes later.

It was a v scary ordeal for me.
----------------------------------------------------

After i reached home, ate 2 painkillers. But was still able to talk. Hours later, i became lethargic, feverish...
My fragments..gum stuck to the teeth!! And i face swell big for the next few days...
















































































































































































































Now, sore throat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home