Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Knowledge is Power

I mentioned before that my ya-ya-papaya Maths lecturer sucks to the core. Finally, the second half of Maths is taught by another lecturer. Of course much better than the first one. The ya-ya-papaya said that if we do not understand our maths, is alright, as long as we know how to solve them, is good enough. He said he is there to help us achieve good grade for exam, not to acquire knowledge. If a student wants to acquire knowledge, he should do so during the semester break and meanwhile, he should only focus on getting A. What rubbish! He doesn't know how to teach thats why he said such things.

This second lecturer told us in lecture that he disagrees with that ya-ya-papaya. He says, acquiring knowledge is much more important than getting A. One should understand the maths concepts instead of being exam-oriented. What is the point of getting A yet not understanding concepts, and next time after you graduated and got a work, you can't solve problems for the company you are working for? I totally agree with him. And I always worry about not able to solve problems, if i get to work as an engineer. If I don't understand concepts, then I can't even fit to be an engineer in the first place! This is so worrying! My maths has been very weak.

It seems that this 2nd lecturer has some dislike for him. Quote from him, Knowledge is 学问. It means 又学又问. So interesting, knowledge is acquired through a process of learning and asking. The asking part is something which I am unable to do so, due to my timid-ness. Haiz.

Last semester, I created a slogan to motivate myself. Do you still remember the slogan? I still remember it, "School is Cool" motivates that going to school is cool. Haha, i guess it wasn't very successful. So this semester I shall adopt " Knowledge is Power" as my slogan. Hope it would be a great help to me and help me overcome my fear for Maths!

Knowledge is Power!
学问,学问, 又学又问!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home