Friday, October 20, 2006

The day after I had boiled up.

It is a brand new day. Last night I was fuming so heatedly and thought that I was going to explode. Haiz, this Mee affair caused me to lose some concentration while watching online videos. I decided that I would want to have nth to do with Mee after this semester. Avoid talking to Mee and avoid eating mee. I had never felt so boiled-up before. The last time I was very boiled-up is about more than 1 year ago when I was still working. A colleague made me so angry that I showed her my temper. And even after that unhappy incident, I couldn’t bring myself to talk to her, I only talked to her when necessary, like work-related matters. I guess she didn’t feel good. But what could I do? The best is just avoid contact so that the possibility of flaring my temper at her again is lower. Friction can never occur without contacts. Call me petty, I don’t deny. I am a 小人 who is petty rather than a 君子who is magnanimous. Forgive a person is easy, but it is not easy to forget what one has done. Some people say that if you 不去计较这些小事,生活就会快乐些。True. But it is hard as you always feel that you are a victim and so you cannot don’t care about such things.

Though I haven’t found out what I am good at, I still think that everybody is good in some ways. A quiet person is good at not causing noise pollution. A not-academically-inclined person may be good at non-academic areas. It is just that that person hasn’t discovered that area. Having a degree doesn't mean success, not having a degree doesn't mean a failure. Like Creative’s sim wong hoo…He was born in Singapore and graduated from the Electrical & Electronic Engineering faculty of Ngee Ann Polytechnic in Singapore. In 1 July 1981, Sim Wong Hoo with his school friend Ng Kai Wa set up shop in Pearl Centre in Singapore. He got his start running Creative as a computer repair shop. While doing this he developed an add-on memory board for the Apple II computer that they sold as well. Later, Creative started creating customized PCs adapted for the Chinese language which included enhanced audio capabilities so that the device could produce speech and melodies. The success of this audio interface led to the development of a stand-alone sound card named Sound Blaster that Creative marketed. Sound Blaster was very successful and has been used as a standard of comparison for sound cards. Creative has sold over 100 million units of Sound Blaster since then.

The above Sim's info is taken from Wikipedia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home