Thursday, October 26, 2006

Prof W0ng's experience

Taken from edventure:

Let's talk about The Eve and morale during exam period.

The Eve

I had difficulty sleeping on all exam eves, as I was feeling very excited (or should I say nervous) about exams.

To induce drowsiness, at that time my crazy idea was to take a cold tablet, I think panador works also, but had not tried. Don't follow what I did. Take the stress as part of your training here. There was once I was awake for the whole night, even the cold tablet failed to work, maybe it had passed expiry date :p or maybe because the next day PM paper was a real killer paper. Anyway, because of the sleepless night, the next morning my mind was 'blurred' and 'heavy', what to do then? As I mentioned, it was a PM paper, so for the whole morning, the only liquid that I took was glucose water. I am a drinker, drink 2 litres a day. I bet that morning my blood tasted real sweet :) :) Of course, the chicken essence was a must before the paper began.

I would recommend you to
1. pack your stuff before going to bed, if it is a morning paper. Check that you have your matric card, calculator, pens, pencils, corrector fluid, etc. Of course must also remember that never leave home without the secret weapon.

2. go to bed early. Before going to bed, relax your mind (you have done your best to study right? there is nothing more you can do), take hot water bath, and drink warm milk. Pray if you are religious, that also calms you.

3. set the alarm clock so that you won't oversleep.

4. go to the exam venue earlier, you don't want to be late.

5. when you see the paper, maintain calm, don't panick.

Morale during exam period
I never discussed/compared answers with my friends after each paper, because I didn't want to feel discouraged, I didn't want to feel bad.

Whatever the outcome of a paper, no matter how bad you think you have done, don't let it affect your mood. I know it is not easy to do that ... but look at it this way
you cannot turn back the clock, so there is no point in regretting, blaming your lecturer or yourself, but there is always hope for what is yet to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home