Friday, January 25, 2008

3rd Wk of Work - Being Neither Here Nor There

No progress in not becoming a nameless soul. Haven't heard anyone call my name , feels rather empty, as if I am not an employee there. Correct, they don't treat us as employees, just some 'interns' or 'temps'. The HR dept says we are not invited to Dinner & Dance. Fine, as if I care.. Even if i were invited, I won't go either. Yup so whats the problem then? I just don't like the company because they don't treat us as equal. Just because we are students and young.

My sup is ok la. Whenever machines break down, the technicians are the ones repairing, engineers just stand, fold their arms and watch. Occasionally, help the technicians. But engineers are the ones to tell technicians which parts to open up etc. However, experienced technicians, I think, also know where goes wrong too. They are the ones doing the repair, they should know more as much as the engineers. Actually I have more admirations for technicians than for engineers. The technicians are v xin ku, they will sweat alot and the machines parts are damn heavy. You know, a clamp is abt 35kg. Then they must hold it high to fix it back, wow! I even have trouble lifting up 35kg load. The most I can carry is 10kg bag of rice, haha.

Ppl there mostly can speak dialects, I dun understd cantonese, so dun know what they are conversing about. Even if they talk abt me, I won't know. Damn! So far, I havent heard them use Teochew. They should use it mah.

As compared to my 1st wk, my current situation has improved slightly. Some colleagues will smile at me, of coz i will too. But still Being Neither Here Nor There. I don't like doing database cos its not v relevant to my course of study. He says the Access is the easier version of Visual Basic SQL blah blah blah. Do Access is really sian cos its hard to record in my logbk. I cant write, "experiment with Access"... no gd!

May I have better days ahead. Thank You.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home