Thursday, July 31, 2008

Enjoying the Last Week of Hols

Boohoo, school is starting next week. I sort of dread it because:

1)Lost touch of studying during these 6 mths (Not counting specia! sem, it was a crap module that I took with no tutorials)
2)The F.Y.|o. It sucks. Yet to start because I've not gotten information from the Mr-Nice-Guy ya? I contacted him until I paiseh to remind him or to hurry him even in a subtle way. The thought of it really wanes my enthusiasm (as if I had any in the first place)

I've seen some of the notes, they are chim. One of the modules that I would be taking next sem is not what I intended to take. It was due to clashes with other modules, that left me with no choice but to take this sucky module. Die, even before sch starts, I am hating the mod already. As the module is lab-based (my fatal acupoint!), I must work in pairs. The danger is, we are usually paired according the alphabetical order of our surnames... and many ah tiong scholars have the same surname as me. Loads of them. If I am Tan, then it would be a safer story, have u met of any ah tiong who has surname Tan? Then what is more sickening is the submission of report. Pair report, I'd rather work alone.

There are a total of 3 project-based modules, excluding the F.Y.|o. I know I cant survive projects smoothly, bound to bump into obstacles on my way.

Ok, I am really enjoying my last week of hols. I've just finished a book Lolita by by Vladimir Nabokov. From wikipedia I quote:

Lolita is narrated by Humbert Humbert, a literature scholar born in 1910 in Paris, France, who is obsessed by what he refers to as 'nymphets' (defined as sexually desirable girls between the ages of nine and fourteen). This obsession with young girls appears to have been a result of his failure to consummate an affair with a childhood sweetheart, Annabel Leigh, before her premature death from typhus. Shortly before the start of World War II, Humbert leaves Paris for New York. In 1947 he moves to Ramsdale, a small New England town, to write. When the house in which he is promised a room burns down, he ends up at the door of Charlotte Haze, a widow, who has a sexually charged interpretation of taking in a lodger. As the two make their way through Mrs. Haze's tour of the house, Humbert rehearses different ways of turning her down, but then, after being led out into the garden, he spies Haze's 12-year-old daughter Dolores (variously referred to in the novel as Dolly, Lolita, Lola, Lo, L) sunbathing in the garden. Humbert, seeing the Annabel Leigh in her, is instantly smitten with the daughter and eagerly agrees to rent the room.

Charlotte becomes his unwitting pawn in his quest to make Lolita a part of his living fantasy. When Mrs. Haze drives Lolita off to summer camp, she leaves an ultimatum for Humbert, saying that he must marry her (for she has fallen madly in love with him) or move out. He is absolutely horrified at first, but after much contemplation he warms himself to the idea of living with Charlotte for the sole reason of making Lolita his stepdaughter, intending to use heavy sedatives on both her and her mother so he can express his sexual desire on Lolita in her sleep. Although we never learn specifically what he plans to do, he does say he wishes to keep her purity intact. Humbert marries Charlotte and they live a domestic lifestyle, with Charlotte completely oblivious to his distaste for her...

For more information, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita

Its a pity that during this hols, I didn't manage to re-read any HarryP0tter bk.

My face, its still as acne-matic despite using the number 1 cleanser recommended by dermatologists. Such a disappointment that the neutrogena acne wash cannot stop incoming new acnes. But it does reduce abit nia. My face is really hideous.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home