Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Third Sem

The exams are just next week and I am still here typing on my blog. Ya, I am idling now. Everyday study very sian one leh! The exams signal the end of my third semester in this school. This sem is very a 'raw' sem, the core subj I take are those I have not learnt in my JC before, unlike the last two sems, some of the cores' contents we learnt before in JC. I had complained that I hate those disgusting subjs and now i shall ranked them according to my dislike. Top of my most disgusting subj ranking is.... *drumroll*... Signals!

  1. Signals & Systems. We learn about Linear time invariant system...then dunno wad... Fourier series representation of the signal and when i see the whole chunk of workings that are in complex exponential form, I get so lost. And we learnt Digital signal processing and modulation in the second part of the module. Frankly speaking, I dont really understand what that was all about. I am not thinking of going to Electronics or micro-electronics stream cos I am so daunted by the signals!
  2. Engineering Maths. Again, we learnt about Fourier Analysis. Then Laplace transform, and the most hated Partial Differential Equations (PDE), and Probability and Statistics and lastly, Numerical Methods. I find Laplace and PDE very hard. For Probability, we learnt more now than in JC. And Numerical we learnt about Runge kutta, Euler's methods, improved euler's method... Newton Raphson taught in a few minutes...so brief and unimportant lor.
  3. Circuit Analysis. Tough! Solve different type of circuits questions v pek chek one, especially when you spent hours on them and yet still couldnt solve. This module requires some Laplace transform, argh!!!
  4. Data structure and Algorithms. This is the only module which doesnt involve in Fourier, Laplace shit. But writing algorithm for Binary search tree for sorting/searching is like squeezing my brain juice dry. One good thing is that we dont have Hands-on to do!! yay. That is why it ranked number 4 in my hated list. Heh.
  5. Lab, Tech Comm. I hate them alot but because they are of lesser AU so I always feel that they are insignificant. But no, these two add up to 3 AU, not that little too. Hope I can get reasonable grades for them, they are non-examinable subjects.
This sem exams are very crucial to me, they can act as a gauge whether I have the qualities of electrical or electronic engineer or none. I think, none...

Good luck for exams...so stressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home