Saturday, February 16, 2008

6th Wk of Work - Monotonous Life

Like a blink of any eye, time flies fast .It is already week 6. . I have been doing Access everyday for like 8 and a half hours. The thing I dislike the company so much is that they are so niao to make employees work long hours. For 600 bucks, I have to work 43 and 3 quarters hours a week. Although that is still less than the 44 hrs standard, but still, I am just an intern who is paid so meagre.

Good thing? Well, I cant think of very good things to say about it, so I'll try la. At least they provide transport. Rightfully they should, because the company is situated at such an ulu place. It would take me more than 1 hour to reach there by public transport. Yup that is all. I have many bad things to say, but to spare you from my complaints, I shall not list them here. And this would probably be a super long post if I list them all down.

People-wise, I think they aren't so bad after all. As in, nobody scolds me or torture me. I am thankful that I don't meet any unreasonable or evil people at work. Or is it too early to say that? Maybe I haven't met. Hope I don't get to meet such people. Thinking, actually my sup is not bad afterall. Although I have nothing to say to him whenever I see him, he is still a polite person and doesn't boss me around. I sometimes eavesdropped on him when he is making phonecalls to liaise with supplier or whosoever, I can't help it, cos he is just sitting right behind me, his command of Mandarin is good. And polite to his chatting party, not forgetting the sincere 'Thank You very much'. I've come to realise that he is not very man-ly. I don't know, too polite and the way he sits.

The clerk by the name of Gu0wei, who does 包到完work. I find it funny that he does calibration of the machines, safe-keeping of camera, climbs up to hang new year decorations and lotsa other stuff. So far, in this company, there is only once I heard ppl call my name. This once is called by him. Oh ya, he works even longer hours too. And he's Chinese Indonesian, not Malaysian. But somehow he has got the malaysian Accent in his speech. He gets along well with everybody.

The other Malaysian office girl, whom I still do not know what her title is, but she is the one who was tasked by my sup to bring me out for lunch on my 1st day. Her accent is very strong. She once, when we met in the ladies, asked me abt what I was doing for work. I think I must have seen 'doing nothing except messing with computers' that was why she asked that. Haha. Still, we seldom talk and I am lonely as ever.

Another Singaporean Lady who works in a room-for-dunno-wad, and does-dunno-wad, but I am sure she's not just a clerk. Remember I mentioned in my 1st week that I said office ppl or educated ppl are more proud? Well, I arrived at this thought when i first met her. She looks abit like those higher class Ah lian and I always think that she looks like one of my friends, hah. I was wrong! She is not some snob. Her smile looks snobbish and aloof but she isn't. Haha, I guess 'do not judge a book by its cover' this is true. Maybe I give other people the same kind of impressions too.

The security guards are quite friendly, their job is to scan our bodies and ransack our bags, at first I felt v 'leh chey' have to do these. Gradually, I am used to such procedure. There is this QC man who looks nice, and we would smile when meet head-on-head. And another worker uncle to whom I smile at.

My 'relationship' with the technicians is still Neither-here-nor-there. Awkward. Sometimes avoid meeting each others eyes sometimes will acknowledge each others presence. awkward is the only word to describe such situations. Haha.

I want to record these down because I want to remember what I think of these people(Conclusion:They are not friendly but neither are they proud). Maybe few years down the road, when I start real working next time, I meet evil colleagues, then I would realise how okay the current people are when I re-read my blog.

Life is still boring, I speak less than 8 sentences in office on average a day. Such a long post, wow. Hope my work here will be smooth for me. Pray hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home