Sunday, March 16, 2008

10th Wk of Work - Some Thoughts & Reflections

I cannot imagine the life I would lead after I have graduated from sch. Work long hours. It saddens me when I think of working. Working life is so pathetic. As a standard, we must all work 44 hrs a week, which is equivalent to 5 and a half days, if we were to work 8hrs on a weekday and 4 hours on a sat. Yup, this totals to 44hrs. Including lunch time of let's say 1 hr, then our working hours would be from 8.30am - 5.30pm on normal days and 8.30am to 12.30 on sat. Wa Seh! No life!

If works start at 8.30am then I need to wake at around 6.30am. If work ends at 5.30pm, then I reach home at 6.30pm. See? Total of 12 hrs gone and spent on work and preparation for work!
What about sleep and leisure time? Sleep takes up 8 hrs out of the remaining 12 hrs. So I am left with < 4 hrs of leisure time?

The Daily Routine of a Working Adult
_____________________________
6.30am - Rise
7.30am - Leave House for work
8.30am - Reach Workplace
12.30pm - Lunch
1.30pm - Back from Lunch, continue to work
5.30pm - Leave workplace
6.30pm - Reach home
7.00pm - Bathe
7.30pm - Dinner
8.00 - 10.30pm - Leisure Time
10.30 - 6.30 am - Slp 8 Hrs
-------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds so boring... Some more Saturday must work half day... only 1 rest day Sunday is hardly sufficient for us to replenish our energy for the following week which is a continuous cycle of slogging again. Haiz.

Now I try to remind myself of my 身份. i am just a student, I guess I should keep my mouth shut at all times. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home